Let me tell you about the best thing ever for your budget. Casseroles.
Seriously, you can eat on one casserole for like… a whole week. Or, if you have a bunch of people eating and all split the ingredients (or if you’re a young family tryna feed err’body for like $6) then casseroles are the way to go. Here is one of my faaaave recipes, cause I love pizza and saving money.
5-Ingredient Pizza Bake
- 2 1/2 cups pancake and biscuit mix
- 1 cup water (that’s barely an ingredient… cause it comes right from your sink!)
- 1 (14-ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) package sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional if you’re feeling like Rich Uncle Pennybags: add whatever you like on pizza! Sausage, mushrooms, olives, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir biscuit mix and water until soft dough forms. Drop half of dough by spoonfuls evenly into bottom of baking dish. (Dough will not completely cover bottom of dish.)
- Spoon 1 cup pizza sauce over dough. Arrange 1/2 the pepperoni slices (and 1/2 of your other toppings if you choose) evenly over sauce. Top with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers with remaining dough, pizza sauce, pepperoni and cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Cut into squares and serve.
Dig in, but remember to save some for the rest of the week…